MAKE YOUR PAYMENT FOR:
MHPS Specialty Training
We Look Forward to Having You Learn with Us!
The MHPS Specialty Training is a comprehensive HHSC-approved program. Students that complete the course and successfully complete the knowledge assessment will obtain their 6-month initial certification.
The MHPS (Mental Health Peer Specialist) Specialty Training is a specialized program designed to provide individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge to become proficient in supporting individuals with mental health challenges on their recovery journey. This training is intended for individuals who have a lived experience of mental health challenges and wish to utilize their personal experiences to make a positive impact in the lives of others.
What You’ll Learn
- Comprehensive overview of peer specialist work, including understanding its historical context and foundations.
- Values and ethics that guide peer specialists in their work, highlighting the importance of language and the impact it has in the context of peer specialist practice.
- Five stages of the recovery process and their relevance to peer specialist practice, as well as the role of personal stories and experiences in supporting others.
- Essential skills such as active listening, holding space for others, group facilitation, and promoting self-help, while also exploring the federal and state mental health systems and their impact on peer specialists.
- Significance of the environment in mental health, problem-solving approaches, managing fear, considering the whole person in peer specialist practice, maintaining ethical boundaries, and being an effective change agent while navigating power dynamics and conflicts with integrity.
Path to becoming a Mental Health Peer Specialist (MHPS)
40 Hours ( 5 Days x 8 Hours)
9 am to 5 pm
Lived Experience in Mental Health
Laptop, Desktop or Tablet with Webcam
Why Choose Peer Academy?
Peer Academy’s training sessions are conducted entirely online, making them accessible from anywhere with a computer and reliable internet connection.
Our trainers at Peer Academy are certified and experienced peer specialists, dedicated to ensuring your success in the training program.
Exclusive Financial Aids
As a student enrolled in Peer Academy, you’ll have access to exclusive financial aid, stipends, and internship opportunities.
“Peer Academy’s trainings transformed my ability to provide effective peer support. Highly recommended!”
“Peer Academy trainings gave me the tools to be an effective peer support specialist. I feel more confident and competent in my role as a peer supporter.”
“Highly recommend Peer Academy for peer support training! The instructors are knowledgeable and engaging.”
ENROLL IN TRAINING
Ready to Get Started?
Join 100+ successful students on the path to making an impact in a career in peer support