To register for this training you must have completed CORE training
To be a successful peer specialist you must have lived experience and be willing to appropriately share about your recovery journey.
Unfortunately, you are not eligible to register for the MHPS training class. In order to be eligible you must
1. have personal lived experience with mental health challenges
2. be willing to share your own personal lived experience
3. you must have taken or plan to take the prerequisite CORE training
*Please note that training is subject to change 5 days prior to the scheduled training date due to availability and participation.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions below. Please understand that if you are unable to abide by the terms below, you could be removed from the class without a refund.
1. Have personal lived mental health experience and be willing to appropriately share 2. Be present and engaged for the duration of the entire class 3. Have camera on at all times if attending virtually 4. Be respectful of the instructor and other students
If the tuition is an issue, then we invite you to look for financial aid. Here are a few common resources to finance your training:
If you are a US veteran, the Veterans Administration is often able to help with funding.
If you work with Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) or receive services from Texas Workforce Solutions (TWS), they might be able to assist as well. You may also apply for a training voucher from PeerForce.org, which supports all the Peer Support training sites in Texas.
If you are unable to receive support from the organizations above you might be eligible for a scholarship from the Peer Academy. Please understand that scholarships from the Peer Academy are NOT guaranteed and are limited.
Please record a short video (2 minutes maximum) below.
We ask that you provide a little background on why you are interested in becoming a mental health peer specialist and share with us your own personal journey with mental health recovery.
To record your video follow these steps:
1. Click "Request Permission" below to start your video submission.
2. Click the record button in the middle to begin recording
4. Click the "NEXT" button to upload your video